It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem to query requirements with Report Builder from a simple RDNG module

Dmitry A. Lesin (24825996) | asked Jun 12 '19, 7:12 a.m.
edited Jun 12 '19, 7:14 a.m.

Hello!

I'm trying to build a very simple report that must report about requirements in a module in Rational DOORS Next Generation v6.0.5 iFix11. The data is under Global Configuration Management control. I'm using a specially created global stream. I 'm following next article:

Here mentioned in "DOORS Next Generation limitations" section that it's possible to report about requirements in a module if construct trace relationship "Uses" between module and requirement items. I'm starting to put it in practice and configure next building a report:

1. Choose a report type - Current Data (table or graph)
2. Limit the scope - selected all projects
3. Choose an artifact - selected "Stakeholder Requirements - Module"

Choosing an artifact for reporting

4. Configured traceability

Configured traces

5. Conditions data is blank
6. Defined all columns by default to be displayed

Defined all columns

7. Defined correct configuration in "Choose a configuration" when running the report

Defined configuration

The result is NO RECORDS:

Resulted report

I would like to mention that all data is shown in separate reports without "Uses" relationship. I mean, I can display the module itself with its data, and list of requirements from the project area. But I can not display the requirements from the module as linked data.
May be somebody had ever a deal with such case. Couldn't you help me?
Thank you very much for any help!

One answer

permanent link
Dmitry A. Lesin (24825996) | answered Jun 13 '19, 1:02 p.m.

This capability works properly in v6.0.6 (checked with iFix04).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.