It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question about attributes and their setup

Mary Miller (87125) | asked Jun 10 '19, 6:36 p.m.
Good day,

I think I am having a brain fart.  I set up string attributes, and then I pulled them into a module.  However, the attributes are not editable.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

Mary

Accepted answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (71016) | answered Jun 11 '19, 9:10 a.m.

Hi Mary,

Did you add them to the Artifact Type(s) that you're using in the Module?  Pulling the attributes into your Module View will display them, but unless they apply to the Artifact Type(s) used for the artifacts "in" the Module, they won't be editable.  For example, say you create two Artifact Types to use in the Module, Heading and Requirement.  In Project Properties, you could assign your string Attributes to the Requirement Artifact Type, but not the Heading Artifact Type.  That would enable the attributes in your view for the Requirement artifact types only.

Hope this helps.

Carol

Mary Miller selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mary Miller commented Jun 11 '19, 2:23 p.m.

I see what I did.  I forgot to set the Artifact  Type when I created the Module.  I fixed the attribute within the Module after the fact as well.

Thanks!

Mary

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.