It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem to copy file from RTC to PDS in Mainframe

Rodrigo Oliveira Barros (133) | asked Jun 10 '19, 2:21 p.m.

Hi All,  i 'm facing a problem when i 'm tryied to copy some program to mainframe path.  I open a program versioned in RTC (downloaded in my workspace) it works fine. But when i copy this same file using IDz 14 to a path in mainframe (PDS) the file is showed all unconfigured, even when i open the file directly in Mainframe usin another tool.

The question is, when i copy and paste a file/program using a IDZ insterface some engine is converting the charset ? It's true?  Can i force use some configuration?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Rodrigo Barros

One answer

permanent link
Kenny Smith (302513) | answered Jun 10 '19, 3:52 p.m.
  1. Why are you copying up to the mainframe using IDz from an RTC Component project instead of just doing a build? The build, if set up correctly, should handle all character set translations for you. 
  2. The dataset you are copying to should be mapped in the z/OS File System mapping view. This tells IDz how to transfer a file (binary vs text), and convert character sets (UTF-8 to IBM-037, or IBM-1047, etc). 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.