It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to install a DB2 JDBC driver for BIRT in RTC 6.0.3 server?

Hamid Ouaggag (113) | asked May 30 '19, 12:40 p.m.
Hi,

Can someone please help me with (or find) the right instructions to install a db2 jdbc driver in a RTC 6.0.3 server in order to be able to run BIRT reports that pull data from an external database (i.e. other than RTC database)?
I found this article (link below) but it seems to be outdated.

The folders it asks to search for ( org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc*.jar ) do not exist in our installation.

Thank you for help in advance. This is an urgent issue.

One answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered May 30 '19, 11:18 p.m.
edited May 30 '19, 11:22 p.m.
It will be under: <install_dir>/server/conf/<app>/sites/update-site/plugins
where <app> is jts, ccm or qm depending on which app you want to run the BIRT report under.

Look for anything that follows that format, where the '*' is a version number - in my CLM 6.0.6 installation under the ccm app, I have org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_4.4.2.v201410272105.jar

You then need to unzip this file, add the DB2 driver jar files to it under the drivers directory, rezip it and rename to .jar, and replace the original jar file with the one you've just modified.

Comments
Hamid Ouaggag commented May 31 '19, 12:16 p.m.
Thank you Davyd.
Our RTC apps run on WAS in a linux box. Is the directory structure of RTC server the same in linux and Windows?

(BTW, I was able to find the directories you mentioned in the trial version that I installed in my own Windows laptop)

Davyd Norris commented May 31 '19, 10:35 p.m.

Yes they are pretty much identical

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.