It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do we configure rational asset manager to integrate with jazz/ccm?

Chris B (116) | asked May 24 '19, 9:40 a.m.

Hello We have installed rational asset manager (RAM)and would like to configure it to integrate with our current clm environments. Within the RAM configuration pages there is  a section (Internal rational team concert Path) this asks for a user and credentials. Which user should this be? Is this what jts terms as a functional user, if so does it need an licenses or permissions eg administrator etc? We currently use an ldap for users but would like to avoid using this for these kind of users if possible as it is designed to hold real users only.  The instructions (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSUS84_7.5.3.3/com.ibm.ram.installguide.doc/topics/postconf.html)

aren't that clear.

Thanks in advance for any information that can help clear this up.

2 answers

permanent link
Kenny Smith (302513) | answered May 24 '19, 9:50 a.m.

In RTC do you have a build user ID that works with your build engines? If so, you could use that ID. It should only need a build agent license (included with RTC).

Comments
Chris B commented May 28 '19, 3:28 a.m.

hi kenny, thanks I don't think so. Would that be a functional user if so i could set that up

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 28 '19, 4:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 28 '19, 4:19 a.m.

The documentation is quite clear to me:

1. In the User and Password fields, type the user name and password of the user that is the administrator for the "RAM Lifecycles" project area on Rational Team Concert. In simple installs, this will probably be the Rational Team Concert and application server administrator.
So somewhere during setup you created a RTC project area "RAM Lifecycles" used by the RAM integration. The user used to create this needs to be entered here. Basically it needs to be a user that has the permission to administer the project area. This would either be a normal administrator user or a technical account you set up with administrative permissions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.