It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rtc extension workshop- eclipse2,junit2,osgi2 is not displaying in run configurations.

Preetha T (27225) | asked May 24 '19, 9:16 a.m.
edited May 24 '19, 9:23 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Dear Team, 

We are using Rtc 6.0.5 version. I followed the same steps as in the rtc extension workshop document.but in eclipse client after clicking on run configurations,  there eclipse2 application, junit2 launch, osgi2 launch is not showing. I already placed the jar file inside dropins folder.its not showing.  I tried after restarting also. 

Could you please tell what we have to do. 

Thanks. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 24 '19, 9:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You have to only follow the workshop very carefully. I have performed it with 6.0.5 and the com.ibm.team.dev.launch_0.3.13.201605301342.jar works.

Comments
Preetha T commented May 24 '19, 9:28 a.m.

Ralph, 

I used the same jar file and placed inside the dropins folder. One issue I was faced like while adding features com.ibm.team.rtc.client.feature this plugin is not available in my features folder. So I imported com.ibm.team.workitem.rtc.client.feature.is this causes this issue? 

Ralph Schoon commented May 24 '19, 9:43 a.m.

Preetha,

If you do not find items referenced by the workshop, you are doing something wrong. E.g. you did not follow the workshop and downloaded something different or chose a different download option, or you work in the wrong Eclipse workspace.

Picking an arbitrary other file is not going to help you. So, you can not perform the workshop if you did that.

The com.ibm.team.dev.launch_0.3.13.201605301342.jar adds the feature based launches. If something is wrong here, you can not perform the workshop. I have see

Download issues, corrupted jar files (e.g. try to unzip), wrong file name extensions and other odd stuff. I can not help with no data. 

Ralph Schoon commented May 24 '19, 9:47 a.m.

Provided the download id correct, put into the right folder (name?), is a valid JAR file with a valid file extension.jar that can be unzipped, you can reprovision RTC Eclipse by running the Eclipse.exe with the additional option -clean. Eclipse rereads all plugins and also the dropins folder. This should not be necessary, because the dropins folder should be reread anyway.

Make sure you use a compatible Eclipse version if you install RTC as a P2. If you use the latest and greatest Eclipse there might be issues. Eclipse Photon seems to have isues with 6.0.5 at least.

Ralph Schoon commented May 24 '19, 9:51 a.m.

Without additional information - the usual stuff like OS - or any hints from log files (e.g. C:\RTC605Dev\installs\TeamConcert\eclipse\configuration or C:\RTC605Dev\workspaces\Dev0\ServerWS.metadata and the specific step in the workshop (we have them for a reason) there is no way to tell.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.