It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In java server API. How do we delete file in SCM after delivering files to the streams?

Dhirendra Singh (112) | asked May 24 '19, 8:17 a.m.
edited May 24 '19, 9:12 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

HI,

I'm developing a new "scm" advisor (Server-side) for to delete specific file after successful deliver step. 

I've found several articles to delete files and delete file content, but only Client-Side 

Does anyone know how to do this? 

Thank you! 

Comments
Kenny Smith commented May 24 '19, 9:05 a.m.

Why are you trying to delete a file after you have delivered it? That will create a deletion stub that would become a change set that also needs to be delivered. 

Dhirendra Singh commented May 27 '19, 1:08 a.m. | edited May 27 '19, 1:38 a.m.

Hi kenny,
From admin perspective I want to delete few files from stream which are not part of project anymore. And i want those file to be deleted on specific event.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 24 '19, 9:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Several things:

1. An advisor is a pre-condition that can guard operations and fail if the operation is not allowed
  2. A pre condition MUST not delete or modify any of its operational data e.g. https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/12/14/do-not-modify-the-triggering-element-in-an-operationadvisor/
  3. Why would you even want to delete a file in the server API?
I also agree with Kenny.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.