It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change ownership of component with LSCM

David Frenzel (153) | asked May 17 '19, 1:16 p.m.

Hi! 

When using "lscm create component" the ownership of the component is set to the user id creating the component. I need to change the owner of the component to the project the component is in. How can I achieve this? 

Regards, 
David

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered May 19 '19, 11:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

scm set attributes -C/--component <arg ...> [--name <arg>] ([--ownedby <arg>]
                   [--teamarea-scope] [--visibility <arg>]) [--process-area
                   <arg> | --accessgroup <arg>] [-r/--repository-uri <arg>]
                   [-u/--username <arg> -P/--password <arg> | -u/--username
                   <arg> --password-file <arg> | --certificate <arg>
                   -P/--password <arg> | --smartCard -u/--username <arg> |

--kerberos | --integratedWindows]

If you are setting the owner of a component to a team area, you would have to run the following command:
scm set attributes -C <component_itemId_or_name> --visibility <teamarea> --process-area <teamarea_itemid_or_name>
--visibility option values could be any of the following: public, private, teamarea, projectarea, accessgroup, or archived.
For help, run 'scm help set attr'.

Comments
David Frenzel commented May 20 '19, 7:33 a.m.

I went through the docs once again and figured that --visibility is not the correct option. However, --ownedby is what I was looking for. I want to set the owner to be the proect area but this doesn't seem to work.

lscm set attributes --component <component_uuid> --ownedby <project_area_name> --visibility <project_area_name> -r <repository>
When I run this command the visibility is set to project scoped but the owner remains the user and not the project area. What am I doing wrong?

Shashikant Padur commented May 21 '19, 12:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You are right, that is to change the visibility.
To change the owner you just need to do the following:
lscm set attributes --component <component_uuid> --ownedby <project_area_name> -r <repository>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.