It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CCM - state name is displaying State ID

Mohamed Samatar (131125) | asked May 17 '19, 9:05 a.m.

I used the RTC Eclipse Client.
1. extracted template from Prod.
2. exported template
3. imported into the Development environment.
> created a new PA ver2
4. updated the attributes, states, actions
> 3 new attributes
> 2 news states for the defect work item
> Saved
5. open one of the children PA and linked to the new PA ver2 master
Testing:
6. all new work items are working properly
7. all new and old work items for Story, Defect, Epic properly.

8. old task work items are not displaying the "state" new, but the code of the ID. the Task workflow (name or action) was not modify. I only added the "external URI".
> ex: com.ibm.team.workitem.taskWorkflow.state.s2 
>
how to fix

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 20 '19, 4:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think displaying the ID instead of a state name indicates that the process does not define a state with that ID. This should be checked first.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 23 '22, 2:48 a.m.

The work item types and their workflows are defined in the EWM process of a project area. Look into the process for work items and check the workflow. Odd things can happen if, for example, workflow states are deleted in the process XML. The process XML shows the changes in its history in the Eclipse client. 

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Brad Morse (235) | answered May 17 '22, 2:18 p.m.

I can't see a way to comment on this, so I'm only left with answering.

I'm having the same issue even though this is and old post.

But, to Ralph's comment - where is the state defined with an ID?

Comments
David Honey commented May 18 '22, 4:54 a.m.

Please follow the forum etiquette by asking your own question rather that asking it on a 3 year old post.

Brad Morse commented May 18 '22, 7:54 a.m.

Hi David,

This post has not been closed and is still relevant. I see not problem with posting to this question. Also, I did not find anything on etiquette opposed to this. If you can point out where that is stated I would appreciate it. 

Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '22, 2:41 a.m. | edited May 23 '22, 2:48 a.m.

We do not have a great etiquette. What we have at the moment is https://jazz.net/forum/faq/ . I will take some time and put something together that can be added there. This will most certainly contain something about answering questions of other users with your own question, independent of how old a question is. This is even more true for questions that are older than a year. 

Until we have an updated etiquette, I would ask you to follow the suggestion of moderators to ask your own question. If you like, refer to other questions that seem to be related using a link.

Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '22, 2:50 a.m.

By the way, commenting to the question should work, so I am not sure about this as a reason to create an answer with a question. I can see the Comment on this question link.

Brad Morse commented May 23 '22, 10:28 a.m.

Hi Ralph, Thanks for the clarification and the answer below. Maybe, if possible the forum software could close a question that is considered to old to answer. But, I'll refrain from answering like this again. Not sure why I couldn't see the comment link, probably something I did wrong.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.