It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to customize plan view to display linked record data

Norman Dignard (356688167) | asked May 15 '19, 7:23 a.m.

We have 2 separate CM PAs.  One PA is a "MR{" ticketing system for issues against a number of different systems used by end users .   The system LCMs have their own PA where they do their work, linking work items between PAs (eg. resolved by link types).   

In the LCM PA, they create their plans defining what work items they will be addressing. The plans also display the id and title of the work item in the other MR PA  nested under the LCM work item that it is linked too.

The LCMs would like to display an additional field from these linked MR records in their LCM plan. Is this possible? 
currently they would like the "global id" number  of the MR record displayed. This field is a custom work item identifier with some smarts (this number basically consists of a system-site-year-count id (eg ASD-YVR-2019-0037)   

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 16 '19, 1:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 16 '19, 1:45 a.m.
For the sake of argument lets assume LCMWI1yyy links to MRWIxxx.

1. There is no feature that allows to display an attribute of MRWIxxx in a plan row of LCMWI1yyy.
  2. It is possible to show the links and thus the linked items in that row. You can hover over the links and get a preview of the link target. I believe the preview could be configured to contain the attribute you are interested in.
  3. It would be possible to configure a plan view that uses the one link type between the LCM and the MR wi's to show a hierarchy. You should be able to see the link targets in the hierarchical view. As long as the PA's are in the same repository, you can also display the attributes of the target work item, at least for the built in attributes. I am not sure if you could do that for a custom attribute. The hover should work as in 2.

Comments
Norman Dignard commented May 16 '19, 6:23 a.m.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought as much that this may not be possible.

We do realize the linking implications, rich hover functions etc as you describe.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.