It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

custom Precondition configuration options

Ryan McFadden (191218) | asked May 14 '19, 1:01 p.m.
I am developing Precondition on the Deliver operation using RTC 6.0.3 server.  I would like to define an input on the Preconditions & Follow-Up Actions on the Project Area Configuration screen.  The pattern I would like to follow is similar to the built-in extension "Required Attributes For Type and State".  

Is there some sample code that shows how to define that Editor Presentation?  

The Extension Workshop pattern only shows how to create a server-side extension that displays the string "No specific configuration options" in the area where I would like to place a custom input.  

Comments
Ryan McFadden commented Jun 13 '19, 8:13 p.m.

If I don't "Accept" any answers, it means I don't have the rank on this forum to give it a thumbs down yet.   

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 15 '19, 1:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

All the code you ask for is in the SDK and you can basically look at it. In an environment with the SDK set up open a plugin that uses the extension point. On the extension point search for references. Follow the references and open the plugin.xml of the reference. Scroll through the extensions until you find interesting ones. Look up the class implementing it. Copy the class FQN name. Use Navigate>Open Type to open that class.

You can also locate the schema and the aspect editor from the extension plugin.xml and look at it, as far as I can tell.  

Comments
Ryan McFadden commented May 15 '19, 4:14 p.m.

the server SDK has 382 directories and  1500+ jar files at the root,  any chance you could narrow my search a bit?

Ralph Schoon commented May 16 '19, 7:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I did not imply you read all classes, I provided a short description how to find stuff in the SDK. Here the long one: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2019/05/16/searching-and-exploring-the-rtc-sdk/ 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.