It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.5 Sending values from workitem when is updated via rest

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Apr 22 '19, 8:48 p.m.

Hello, 

I would like to see what is the best approach to send values of the attributes to another system via REST or SOAP every-time the work-item changes, for example, to hook an script when the work item change, then the script gather all values needed, pack them in REST or SOAP. 
I saw we can hook java scripting, and also we can develop extensions, but the extensions will take longer. I would like to know what is the best or recommended path ?

Thank you. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 23 '19, 12:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 23 '19, 12:57 p.m.
The recommended path here is, to have an experienced architect evaluating various options with the aim to:
  • Evaluate feasibility
  • Evaluate possible approaches
  • Evaluate possible performance impact and other negative impacts
  • Evaluate the business need and the benefit of such a solution
Because of the danger such 'integrations' can have, I will not provide any recommendation beyond the following:
  • Although there are all kinds of requests about JavaScript, maybe because it sounds so simple for inexperienced users, there is no built in Server level integaration API that would run Java Script. This is not an option.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.