It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to use ClearQuest and ClearCase Licences for RTC 6.0.6?

Dmitry Liberman (113) | asked Apr 22 '19, 1:10 p.m.

According to this conversation https://jazz.net/forum/questions/207059/having-clearcase-and-clearquest-license-can-i-have-rtc-licenses it was possible to use a CQ license as a special RTC license that is functionally equivalent to a Contributor license.  Is it still actual for RTC 6.0.6? Is it free of charge? And is there any way to use the same license server for both CQ  and RTC (I mean if this products can use the same pool of floating licenses)?

Is there any way to use ClearCase licenses for RTC somehow?

2 answers

permanent link
Norman Dignard (356688167) | answered Apr 23 '19, 8:08 a.m.

No fully addressing your question however: 

We have one token license server serving up JAZZ, CC/CQ, DOORS and a number of other IBM product licenses that support token usage.

Typically you have a term lease for X amount of tokens supporting XX negotiated apps .   Each app uses X amount of tokens per client app which differ (ex. RQM uses 10 tokens, RTC - 8, etc they all differ)   You'll have to figure out your user/usage profile to determine the tokens you need.  

In our case we moved all our users to tokens, giving up our current licenses for the term.  If we don't renew our token agreement at the end of the term, our original licenses then need to be restored to service.

Comments
Dmitry Liberman commented May 13 '19, 2:13 p.m.

Thank you. Your answer rised another question: is it equivalent exchange between tokens and floating licenses? I mean one floating license = one token when you move your users to the token-based licensing model?

Norman Dignard commented May 13 '19, 2:25 p.m.

The useage model is not the same.  Each app using tokens uses a different amount of tokens. Don't use these numbers as verbatum but for example for Jazz RTC uses 10, RQM 8, DNG 8 . I don't recall how many CC or CQ uses. Each client connection, the user would consume X amount of tokens from the token pool.   We negotiated the number of tokens and  which apps would be authorized to use the tokens. 

Tokens are also on a leased term 3 to 5years where you basically rent the tokens. If we don't renew our token agreement , we can revert back to our std CC/CQ licensing. Other apps would not be accessible using tokens.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 14 '19, 2:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, it is not possible to run RTC with CC or CQ licenses. There have been offerings to change the license in the past. All of them require you to contact IBM and work with a sales person. I do not know what is available today, but I am pretty sure there is a solution.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.