It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC summary project field in the database

Olivier ROSET (50121) | asked Apr 18 '19, 11:56 a.m.
edited Apr 18 '19, 12:01 p.m.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where (in wich table) I can find the 'summary' field of a project in the database ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 18 '19, 12:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 18 '19, 11:27 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
What database?

The applications' databases are basically off limits to users. If you want information, use:
  1. Reporting
  2. Document Generation
  3. Reportable REST
  4. OSLC API
  5. Java API
Do not access the database directly. It is not an interface for any user.

Comments
Olivier ROSET commented Apr 18 '19, 12:35 p.m.

Thanks for your answer. 

We are looking for this information in the database (with a readonly user) , without using API, etc, just by reading this informations with a sql query, because we are building a multi project dashboard outside rtc.

The api is too slow for what I have to do and I don't want to deal with Xml or Json data format.
 So, I'm searching fo this simple information in the database.
By the way, is there a true database model description somewhere in the doc ?

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 18 '19, 12:39 p.m. | edited Apr 18 '19, 12:43 p.m.
No, I am not joking. The database is partially generated and the table structure and data might change any time without notice. Stay away from it.

There is no data model available as far as I know - also for above reasons.

Kenny Smith commented Apr 18 '19, 1:49 p.m.

If the data return is too slow, you have other issues. i will tell you from personal experience DO NOT TOUCH the database tables. If you want the most control and best performance, use the RTC Server API. 

Olivier ROSET commented Apr 19 '19, 3:46 a.m.

Excuse me guys.

Thanks for this answer, but: 
- I'm using RTC with APi for a long long time for a lot of code, I have no problems with that...
BUT:
- I want to search in the RIODS,RICAM,RIDW or any over schema this simple information :  Project summary and/or description field.
Is this data present in one of this schemas or no ? If yes, where ? 
That's my only question. :)
I don't think the project table or request table is partially generated.
If the table structure change at one point, no problems, I will update my code or his parameters...Again, thanks for the advice :) 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 19 '19, 12:34 p.m.

The first question ... is the data present in the database ... is easy ... yes, it is (nowhere else it could be).  The second question ... where ... is not, because I expect most folks on this forum never try to access the database directly, so don't know where it might be found.

Olivier ROSET commented Apr 23 '19, 11:39 a.m.
Hello.
I have exported all the datas of riods, ridw, ricalm, ccm_user, , etc. schemas. No trace of the summary or description of a container / project area.

So, on the previous advices, I tried to get it by the REST API (api foundation ).
And I am not figure out how to get those 2 fields.
Can someone tell me how, by the REST API, we can get the project area Summary and Description fields ?
and :
(I know, the last one is intented for internal ETL use only, but I tried, just to see)

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.