It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get access to requirements from DOORS NG?

Chris Pingel (1114) | asked Apr 18 '19, 8:56 a.m.

Hello,

I have a problem to get requirements from DOORS NG with OSLC.

I'm developing an application where I send HttpRequests to navigate through the tree (Service catalogue -> Service provider -> Service -> Selection ui). After selecting a requirement in selection ui I pressed OK and instead of getting any useful response an error occurs: "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized)". 

I also tried to use the query capability to get these requirements of a specific folder but I also get an error: "500 internal server error". 

So, I am a little bit confused. Someone told me it might be the user rights. 

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29337) | answered Apr 18 '19, 9:11 a.m.

Chris, 

401 is HTTP Unauthroized. If you are able to access DNG's service provider catalog, then you have already authenticated with the server. But does the ID your client is using have access to the project area containing the resources? You'd need to be a member of the project area.

You may also find eclipse/Lyo Java client helpful if you are using Java.

Comments
Chris Pingel commented Apr 18 '19, 9:31 a.m.

Hello Jim,

thank you for your quick reply.
I thought that I have already made the assignment, but apparently not. I made the assignment again and now 401 doesn't show up, but I still don't get a response. 
If I call the URI that failed directly from the browser, DNG shows the error ID CRRRW7283E.

The error 500 still occurs after assignment.
Unfortunately, I am using c# instead of Java.

Thank you!

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Apr 18 '19, 12:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Chris

CRRRW7283E means that the artifact wasn't found.
Did you specify the configuration for the project/component that you are working with, i.e. the oslc_config.context parameter for the request?

What I often do is using a (Chrome) plugin as Postman to do custom HTTP request, using the auth cookies set by the browser. So you can set the OSLC headers and params and see what comes back, and then work back to your code, independent if it's java or C#.

Comments
Chris Pingel commented Apr 24 '19, 4:31 a.m.

Hi Bas,

thank you for your response.

I added oslc_config.context as a parameter for the request, but error 500 still comes up.

Currently I am using HTTP request plugin from Chrome only for the purpose that the plugin provides me the complete link after setting OSLC headers and parameters. Maybe there is something wrong with my parameters. I am using following parameters: oslc.query, projectURL, oslc.prefix, oslc.select, oslc.where (to select a particular folder) and oslc_config.context.

Do you think there is something wrong with the parameters so the exception in my code throws error 500: internal server error? 

Thank you in advance.

permanent link
David Párraga Riquelme (7) | answered Jun 08 '21, 5:04 a.m.

Hello Chris.

I know that it's being a long time, but now I am also trying to communicate to DoorsNG from C#. I also encounter the exception 401, and making test with Postman I've noticed that the only way to get the authentication is by receiving a cookie after a 401 http failed response. Do you know some new information about it?
Thanks in advance.

Comments
David Honey commented Jun 08 '21, 7:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please don't ask your own questions on an old post, but instead submit a new question.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.