It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

NFS seems to be preventing the scm load command from completing on a linux system.

Tammy Parker (112) | asked Apr 09 '19, 2:20 p.m.
edited Apr 09 '19, 7:08 p.m.

NFS seems to be preventing the scm load command from completing on a linux system.
This behavior occurs whether I use either rtc 4.0.2 or rtc 5.0.1 scmtools.
Prior to running the load, I login to the RTC repo, I create the new directory in the NFS directory, cd to that directory,
and issue:
scm load wkspace_name dir1/dir2/dir3/filename -r repo_name --force --dir /mnt/RTC_dir/test

The command never completes, only resulting in the creation of a .metadata directory that contains a .lock file.

The exports file on the NFS server uses these options:
/data/RTC_dir hostname(rw,secure,root_squash,no_subtree_check)

The fstab file on the NFS client
NFS-server:/data/RTC_dir /mnt/RTC_dir nfs rw,vers=3,tcp,suid,hard,intr,timeo=600,bg 0 0

if I run the same command from the /tmp local file system, it works:

user@hostname /tmp$scm load wkspace_name dir1/dir2/dir3/filename -r repo_name --force --dir /tmp
Successfully loaded items into the sandbox.

Is there some additional configuration needed somewhere that I am missing?

Comments
Tammy Parker commented Apr 11 '19, 3:01 p.m.
NFS locking is enabled and apparently working --
Via the lsof command, lsof -V /mnt/kcroyals/RTC_src/cm85/6*dv/.metadata/.lock

COMMAND   PID    USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF       NODE NAME
scm     31461 dlbuild  132u   REG   0,20        0 5177147039 /mnt/kcroyals/RTC_src/cm85/6_850008dv/.metadata/.lock

This setup was working for years in one physical location and we moved the VMs ( build machines, RTC server and NFS server to a new location outside of IBM ) and then ran into this issue...  Very strange

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Apr 09 '19, 11:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Take a look at the following article for possible solutions: https://jazz.net/library/article/533

Comments
Tammy Parker commented Apr 11 '19, 1:22 p.m. | edited Apr 11 '19, 1:42 p.m.

HI -- I have looked at that article and have confirmed that locking is apparently working but nothing is getting loaded for some reason... 

Via the lsof command, lsof -V /mnt/kcroyals/RTC_src/cm85/6*dv/.metadata/.lock

COMMAND   PID    USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF       NODE NAME
scm     31461 dlbuild  132u   REG   0,20        0 5177147039 /mnt/kcroyals/RTC_src/cm85/6_850008dv/.metadata/.lock

This setup was working for years in one physical location and we moved the VMs ( build machines, RTC server and NFS server to a new location outside of IBM ) and then ran into this issue...  Very strange

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.