It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Auto creation of folder structure in component of particular stream

ketaki pangu (7118) | asked Apr 09 '19, 4:24 a.m.

Hi,

I have to create server side extension to auto creation of folder structure in component of particular stream. So is there any API available for it. or if RTC have capability to auto creation of folder structure in component.
If yes, kindly provide solution for it.
Thanks in Advanced.

Comments
Dany Badowski commented Apr 09 '19, 2:41 p.m. | edited Apr 11 '19, 6:07 a.m.

Do you ever used API? Maybe look for a solution on youtube? :)

Pallavi Deore commented Apr 10 '19, 2:57 a.m. | edited Apr 11 '19, 6:07 a.m.

No Kenny,

I want to create a folder structure in component once particular work item is created. without sharing project area.
Is it possible??

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 10 '19, 4:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is a comment, which you should have used to comment to Kennys answer.

Also, is this asking the same question in the same context? If so, use a comment, if not, create your own question.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 11 '19, 6:10 a.m.

I've converted Pallavi's "answer" to be a comment.   

Reminder:  Don't put your comment in a box that has a button that says "Answer the Question" ... put it in the box that has a button that says "Post comment".

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 10 '19, 4:46 a.m.
edited Apr 10 '19, 4:47 a.m.

The question really lacks details. Carefully read and digest this: How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? and follow the suggestions.

If you want to create a folder structure that you want to share, check into a repository workspace or Stream and/or deliver to a stream, I am not sure if there is server API. 

Some hints about possible ways to find a server API can be found here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/02/04/setting-custom-attributes-for-scm-versionables/ and in the related posts.

permanent link
Kenny Smith (302513) | answered Apr 09 '19, 8:31 a.m.

Are you referring to creating folders in a project that is shared to a component in a stream? If so, that's pretty easy, but you have to share that project to the component. You cannot just create folders in a component without having a project.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 11 '19, 6:13 a.m.

Note that a "project" is only necessary when you are using a project-based IDE such as Eclipse to create the folders ... the APIs used to create folders in an RTC repository workspace do not require a project.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.