It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Generating ROSE SODA reports on Rationa Rhapsody.

Leonardo Benevides (266327) | asked Apr 08 '19, 2:31 p.m.

Hi everyone!

I would like to know if Rational Rhapsody (8.1.3) offers the same feature of generating a report on the basis of ROSE SODA? Today we maintain our data dictionary in Rose and every time we need to generate this report.

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Graham Bleakley (611) | answered Apr 09 '19, 6:28 a.m.
Hi Leonardo

Unfortunately AFAIK there is no integration for SODA with Rhapsody, most of the Rational tools have gone over to Rational Publishing Engine as a way to generate reports from models.

For Rhapsody 8.1.3 you would need a build an RPE template to extract the relevant information from the Rhapsody model.

Are you considering moving from Rose to Rhapsody ?

All the best Graham
Leonardo Benevides selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Leonardo Benevides commented Apr 09 '19, 8:03 a.m.
Thank you Grahan!

Yes, we're moving from ROSE to Rhapsody and using Rhapsody version 8.1.3 to migrate the models from ROSE and then upgrade Rhapsody for v.8.3.1.

One other answer

permanent link
Graham Bleakley (611) | answered Apr 09 '19, 10:45 a.m.
Hi Leonardo

Thanks for the feedback useful to find out what our customers are doing.
In Rhapsody 8.4 which comes out in a few weeks, we have developed a capability to easily generate and publish a HTML document from based on the Rhapsody browser. The output can be saved in any format (PDF, word etc) but that maybe something to explore later on.

The way it works is based on snippets of RPE template that are put together depending on the structure shown in the browser. the can be customised to a specific format if you have an RPE license.

All the best Graham

BTW this was in tech preview in 8.3.1 but i ma not sure if you can still access it as i cannot find the link to enable it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.