It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE RQM Feed data source not returning all results in configuration managed project area

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Apr 08 '19, 1:30 p.m.
edited Apr 08 '19, 1:34 p.m.

I have my RPE template configured to query the correct RQM project area and the configuration context is set. The RQM Feed (test plans) query returns one result (test plan 59). 

The stream SYS - Verification Protocol Initial Stream contains a single test plan and that is the test plan that is returned in the RQM Feed.

The problem is that there is another RQM stream in the global configuration, namely SYS - Safety Errors Warnings Verification Protocol Initial Stream and NONE of its test plans (there are five!) are returned by the RQM Feed query. Because I am exploring traceability to DNG artifacts in this report, I need to use the global configuration and not the local configuration to configure the RPE data source. Thus I have no way to steer RPE to one RQM stream or the other when more than one RQM stream participate in the same global configuration. 

Any help?

Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Lam To (216) | answered Apr 11 '19, 8:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If both of the streams in the global configurations are from the same component, the system can only use the first stream. The system only selects one configuration from a component. Otherwise, you could be selecting more than one version of the same artifact. If this is not the case, this is likely a defect. Please contact IBM support to file a defect.

Comments
Bob 3 commented Apr 20 '19, 11:38 a.m.

Lam, thank you for your response.

The two RQM streams are from different components. I am in communication with IBM support. 

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Apr 19 '19, 1:28 p.m.
This is a limitation in RPE. The Configuration Context used for the first data source is propagated for all subsequent data requests. We have Enhancement 62859 created against RPE. We should be able to set "Configuration Context" property of the DSC element so as to extract data from various configuration at run time.
You can consider appending oslc_config.context parameter to the URI property of Data Source Configuration element as a workaround.

Comments
Bob 3 commented Apr 20 '19, 11:37 a.m.

Prasad, thanks for your response. 

Right now, I am setting the configuration context to the global configuration that contains the two RQM streams. 
To what are you suggesting I change the URI configuration context to on the Data Source Configuration elements? The local RQM stream configurations?

permanent link
Bob 3 (1481564) | answered Oct 09 '19, 2:02 a.m.

This global configuration document publishing problem was fixed in RQM 6.0.6 iFix009 and 6.0.6.1 base.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.