It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Percentage calculation in Report builder

Nitin Kaushik (11118) | asked Apr 05 '19, 4:23 a.m.

Can someone help me how can we calculate percentage of traced requirement in Report Builder. 

We have the scenario in which we need to calculate the percentage of number of customer requirement which have satisfied by link to system requirement. Is there a way to compute it using Report Builder .
Can someone point in the right direction to perform the same?

2 answers

permanent link
smk developer (11) | answered Jan 10 '20, 7:27 a.m.
edited Oct 04 '21, 2:32 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Will there ever be a situation where the total percentage is not 100%?  If not, then you could use the logical formula:

=Sum(Fields!Sales.Value,"Table1")/Sum(Fields!Sales.Value,"Table1") * 100

I know it sounds very simplistic, but if the total percentage will always be 100%, then you could either use this formula, or just hard code "100%" into that field.

For calculate Math percentage use - Percentage Calculator

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 05 '19, 9:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Start here: https://jazz.net/library/article/1493 I'd suggest to read all of it. The Calculated values is likely what you need. 

Comments
Nitin Kaushik commented Apr 11 '19, 7:35 a.m.

Yes I am able to calculate the percentage using the advanced function in repor builder. However it restricts the usage for run time selection of module/collection, project area etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.