It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to check or reset email queue in RTC

Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | asked Apr 04 '19, 1:13 a.m.
couple of weeks ago the emails notifications didn't go through the SMTP server due to some  errors.

The email queue I believe is now is piled up. Users are getting emails which are a weeks old.

When I do test email via JTS admin i get email instantaneously.

Here are my questions:
  1. How can I check the pending email queue?
  2. How can I reset the queue? (delete old emails and start fresh)
Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Corrente (914) | answered Apr 04 '19, 2:24 a.m.
Hi Karthik,

Please elaborate on what you mean by the email queue.
Where is the email queue, that you mention, located?
What were the errors that caused the email notifications not to go through the SMTP server?

I did find this post that might be related...

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Anthony.

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | answered Apr 04 '19, 3:11 a.m.
edited Apr 04 '19, 5:20 a.m.
Well the emails which were generated 2 weeks ago is still being sent out. My guess is there is a queue which somehow must be maintained, right?

There were 4 days we saw errors in jts.log;

<unauthenticated> <com.ibm.team.workitem.notification.mail@2d9992d8-52b0-4adc-8563-aaf1bc578854> /jts/service/com.ibm.team.jfs.mail.service.IMailerRestService] [ERROR] com.ibm.team.jfs                                   - CRJZS5074E Unexpected exception sending mail
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: xx-smtp-yyy.com, port: 25;

This happened only on 4 random days.

Emails are sent without authentication, normally. Perhaps there were some issues with SMTP server.

I saw the technote already but It doesn't say anything about emails.

Comments
Anthony Corrente commented Apr 04 '19, 7:19 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.