It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can a collection be created from artifacts within the module view in DNG?

Michael Laurendi (1051044) | asked Apr 03 '19, 12:15 p.m.

I am using DNG v6.0.6, iFix004, no global config, Data Warehouse.

Is is possible to select the checkbox of several artifacts in the module view and add them to a new collection?

Comments
Michael Laurendi commented Apr 03 '19, 2:37 p.m.

To ask my question a different way:

An artifact can be added to a collection in DNG from the base artifact only, correct?

Is it correct for me to state that one does not add an artifact from within a module to a collection?

2 answers

permanent link
Diana Kraaijeveld (56227) | answered Jun 27 '19, 8:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 27 '19, 8:58 a.m.
You could add artifacts to a collection that are part of a specific module, by:
- Open the collection
- Select 'Add existing artifacts'
- Click the '+' sign to add a filter and add select attribute 'Where Used (Modules)
- Choose your module, 'Add and Close' the filter and then select the artifacts from the resulting list

Of course, as Rakesh pointed out in the previous answer, this will add the 'core artifacts', not the 'module based artifacts'.
So if you click on one of the artifacts in the collection after adding them with the above steps, it will open the artifact in the folder, not in the module.

permanent link
Rakesh S (39112) | answered May 10 '19, 1:04 a.m.
Currently, there is no way to add individual artifact from within a module to the collection. You can only add core artifacts to a collection, or modules. But not module based artifacts. 

Module based artifacts are no 'real artifacts' - they are references to (core) artifact added to a module. (So there is always a core artifact behind a module artifact)

If you are selecting multiple artifacts from the module and by using 'Add artifact to collection's ends up adding entire module to collection and not individual artefacts of that module.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.