It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change set is mandatory to associate with Work Items

Snehal Yendhe (15128) | asked Apr 03 '19, 6:17 a.m.

Hi Team,

If Work item is in "complete" state, and no change set is associated with the Work item then, automatically one pop up message will be display, indicating that change set is mandatory. Is these task is achievable using configuration or I need to develop plugin to achieve these.
Kindly assist me.

Thank you

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 04 '19, 2:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As Shashikant says, you would have to create a custom advisor/precondition.

Note, I think that you do not want to do this.I think it does not make sense to. The implementation in RTC is to be able to require a work item on a change set if it gets delivered. 

That every completed work item requires a change set to be associated does not make any sense from my perspective. Most of the work items in the systems I have seen so far have no change set associated and do not need one, because they are for planning and for other things not associated to any source code.

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Apr 03 '19, 6:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC has an out of the box "Deliver" process advisor where you can configure the "Require Work Items and Comments" precondition which will prevent any change sets delivery without a work item attached to it. Does that work for you?

Comments
Snehal Yendhe commented Apr 03 '19, 8:22 a.m.

Thanks for the reply.

This precondition is not available for save work item(server) operation. This is available for Deliver (server) operation.
I want change set to be mandatory to work item, when state is in "completed" state.

Shashikant Padur commented Apr 04 '19, 12:09 a.m. | edited Apr 04 '19, 12:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I mentioned deliver precondition because the usual case is to have a work item attached when delivering change sets to a stream.
For your case, you have to write a custom precondition to check if there is a change set linked to the work item or not on a work item state change.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.