It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Oracle setup with CLM. Create separate oracle databases for CLM applications

vikrant kamble (1323196) | asked Mar 27 '19, 6:18 a.m.
edited Mar 28 '19, 2:11 a.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)

I am setting up CLM server with Oracle DB. To do so I am following interactive installation guide. In the database section it is mentioned that this example is for single Oracle database and create tablespaces for individual CLM applications. I want to create separate database for individual application, to do so should I create multiple databases and associate a dedicated user with individual database so that while performing JTS setup each application will connect to its database or I will have to create separate database and single tablespace in each respective database so that application will connect to tablespace in their respective database, below scenario explains both cases

Case 1: Dedicated database is created for applications

CLM App   Oracle-Database
JTS             JTSDB
CCM           CCMDB
RM              RMDB
QM              QMDB

Case 2 : Tablespace is created in each database for applications
CLM App         Oracle Tablespace - Oracle DB
JTS                  JTSTablespace - JTSDB (JTSTablespace created in JTSDB)
CCM                CCMTablespace - CCMDB (CCMTablespace created in CCMDB)
RM                  RMTablespace - RMDB (RMTablespace created in RMDB)
QM                  QMTablespace - QMDB (QMTablespace created in QMDB)

Please let me know which of the above is correct way setting up clm with oracle db if I want to create dedicated database for CLM applications

Comments
Norman Dignard commented May 15 '19, 7:05 a.m.
DCC (using in Reporting Services) also needs a tablespace.

Don't forget the data warehouse if you plan on setting that up. One thing we noted for the DW even though the db setup is basically the same , when you create it is does not use that tablespace but rather creates 5 other tablespaces that it uses.

Also if adopting GC, it  too along with LQE each have their own tablespace.

How you set the dbs and tablespaces up is up to you.

One answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered May 10 '19, 3:00 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello
Either way is supported. It all depends on your DBA's preference and how they want it set up.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.