It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jenkins - Build triggering by new snapshot

Rakesh A (33430) | asked Mar 20 '19, 12:38 a.m.
Hello,
   Is there a possibility to trigger an build in Jenkins from RTC whenever a new snapshot is created ?
   Let me know the possibilities to achieve it.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 20 '19, 3:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For all I know, this is nothing that you can do out of the box. You will have to do some kind of work to do that.

The Team Concert Plugin for Jenkins has no mechanism to detect a "New Snapshot". 

You would have to work with the build triggers and potentially implement automation to detect the new snapshot.
You can do so in several ways. You could use the "Trigger builds remotely (e.g., from scripts)" mechanism e.g. based on some Extension to RTC or some external job that checks for new snapshots on a regular basis.

You could use "Build Periodically" and then check if there is a new snapshot to build.

There might be other ways as well. 

Rakesh A selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
misha rajpoot (341) | answered Mar 20 '19, 12:48 a.m.

We are using RTC SCM. We a a build definition and the Jenkins plugin configured to build the code. As you know, every time the build runs, a snapshot is created in the workspace associated with the build definition. 

We need to have that snapshot in the stream rather than in the workspace. Is it possible to deliver the snapshot that is created in the workspace to the stream automatically? 

Is there a better way to do it than using the CLI? 

I´l appreciate your help. 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 20 '19, 3:16 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '19, 3:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What part of the concept of questions and answers do you not understand? Why do you post a totally different question as an answer to a question of someone else? 

This is also not the first incident. 

So, please, if you have your own question, ask your own question. If you like to comment on a question write a comment and not an answer.     

Your answer here does not even qualify as a comment, in my opinion.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.