It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RTC SCM check in and check out files from the Web UI or must the command line be used for Source Control Management?

Michael Laurendi (1051044) | asked Mar 18 '19, 9:53 a.m.
retagged Mar 21 '19, 4:29 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

I am using RTC version 6.0.6, iFix004, no global config.

If so, how do I check in a XML file using the RTC SCM Web UI?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Mar 18 '19, 10:44 a.m.
edited Mar 18 '19, 10:45 a.m.

Hi Michael,

In addition to David's answer, please find the respective links for your references.

Basic RTC SCM workflow.

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/ index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm. team.concert.tutorial.doc/topi cs/tut_rtc_scm.html&scope=null

RTC SCM using the web client

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/ index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm. team.scm.web.tutorial.doc/topi cs/rtc_scm_web_tut_abstract.ht ml&scope=null

Regards,

Arun.

Michael Laurendi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Laurendi commented Mar 18 '19, 3:21 p.m.

Hi Arun,

Thanks for sending those 2 links! Those are helpful information regarding my question.

Regards,
Mike

long TRUONG commented May 23 '20, 9:51 a.m.

Can these 2 links get reposted: As they are broken, even if the space gets removed. 

2 other answers

permanent link
long TRUONG (3654118146) | answered May 23 '20, 9:51 a.m.

Can these 2 links get reposted: As they are broken, even if the space gets removed. 

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Mar 18 '19, 10:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Web-UI does not let you perform SCM operations against your repository workspace, so you can't do a true check-in of file changes into your repository workspace. You would have to use the CLI, or a rich client such as Eclipse or Visual Studio.

However, the Web-UI does let you add new files, and edit existing files directly on a stream. You would navigate to the stream page, click on the component you want, then click on the 'Repository Files' tab. From there, at the top right, you at see a button called "Add Files" which lets you pick a file on disk, or another button called "create and edit a new text file". You can also edit existing files right in the web-UI. There is also the ability to associate a work item to the change set that gets created when you make these changes.

Comments
Michael Laurendi commented Mar 18 '19, 10:44 a.m. | edited Mar 18 '19, 11:04 a.m.

Hi David,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have the Eclipse client running and will focus on using it to do file check-ins and check-outs.

From your response, I think I understand that any files added and/or edited using the Web-UI are not introduced into the current latest stream. To change the current stream, I will need to do that via the Eclipse client.

Mike

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.