It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Progress Bar calculation

My Tam (11) | asked Mar 13, 9:25 a.m.

Hi, 

I'm writing these questions for the 3rd time, hoping someone could help me with them... :) 

so we wanted to start working with Progress Bar and Load Bar in RTC and there are couple of issue came out: 

(1) I know Progress Bar calculates the progress from WI derived from type 'Task'. does a task WI has to have parent WI from type 'Feature'? or the calculation can be done of each Task WI independently without having any parent? 

(2) How the 'Work Allocation' is related to the Progress Bar calculation? in case I insert zero '0' in the 'Work Allocation' for specific project area, does the progress bar still be calculated? (When I inserted '0', I saw that progress bar took the 'Remaining Work' as 'Work Hours Done'....)

(3) In the 'Work Allocation' part, there is an option to insert 'Start Date' and 'End Date'. are they also related to the progress calculation? how? 

2 answers

permanent link
Kenny Smith (21647) | answered Mar 13, 1:31 p.m.

1) The progress bar as 2 different displays. One based on execution items (which include Tasks and Defects) and that is time based. The other representation is story point based. That comes from your plan items (Stories, Features, Epics). It does NOT need to have a parent to report on the progress bar. 

2) Work allocation is based on the estimation fields of the work items against a user's availability. Each user has a personal configuration that stores their work day attributes (length of day, work days of the week, and quitting time). A user can be allocated to more than one project. However, I recommend that the total allocation be less than a full workday so as to account for meetings/phone calls and other non-project specific time. Thus, if a user has 40 hours of availability during the week, and is allocated 50% to a project, then the project work allocation would be 20 hours, and you would be able to assign them 20 hours per week (or 40 hours for a 2 week iteration). 

permanent link
Kenny Smith (21647) | answered Mar 13, 1:34 p.m.

3) the work allocation can have a start/end date. That is on the Web Client's user profile page.

User Allocation

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.