It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migration of databases from SQL to Oracle using repotools, do we need to reconstruct data warehouse

vikrant kamble (1323196) | asked Mar 12 '19, 1:38 p.m.
retagged Mar 22 '19, 10:08 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

I am planning to migrate database vendor of CLM 5.0.2 from SQL Server 2012 to Oracle Db 12c Release 1. Current database server is hosted on windows server, target database server will be hosted on linux server. I will be referring below link by IBM for database migration.

I was going through link and noticed that repotools commands are executed for every application to generate ".tar" file but I could not see command to generate ".tar" file for data warehouse, I want to know if I have to reconstruct datawarehouse all over again after databases are migrated to oracle. If so to reconstruct data warehouse do I have to run ETL jobs with full load so that it will feed data to data warehouse. Please let me know correct way to migrate databases.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Mar 15 '19, 10:40 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, I believe you have to recreate the data warehouse.  I will leave it to someone else to suggest more specific instructions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.