It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to generate a traceability report with the correct scope?

Timothy Distel (73146) | asked Mar 11 '19, 10:35 a.m.

Hello, I'm using CLM Suite 6.0.6.

I'd like to generate a table that reports test case result information for a test plan. In this table there will be columns which reflect:

Test Case - Title
Test Script - Title
Test Script - ID
Associated Requirements - Titles
Test Case Result - Actual Result
Defect - ID

Ultimately this is a table which will go into a document as a deliverable. For the document, RPE is being utilized to setup the framework/shell of the document with static information. For the table I was told by an RPE developer that it is much easier to generate in JRS which I can then export to RPE. Upon trying to generate this table in JRS, I've found that I must use "merge with" as opposed to "append to" otherwise test script information will only be listed after test case information.

However, "When you merge results, the report only shows the artifacts that satisfy all the traceability relationships." is a message that displays when I use the merge function. This is a problem because in the table, I'd like to include test case results which do not necessarily have requirement links as well as test case results which do not necessarily have a defect associated with them.

Would the be best way to generate this table involve both JRS and RPE?

I am an RPE beginner so if there exists a solution within RPE, a somewhat detailed explanation would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

permanent link
Manoj Krishnankutty (1) | answered Mar 20 '19, 3:12 a.m.

Try creating a trace ability link in Report builder with Relationship existence option set as "Optional" instead of "Required", which i feel will solve the issue of a test case getting listed even though doesn't have a requirement link or no associated defect with it.

permanent link
sanmartin james (11) | answered Mar 12 '19, 4:27 a.m.

great information. thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.