It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create RTC change set for a file without actually changing the file

Michael Taylor (8865764) | asked Mar 08 '19, 4:04 p.m.
Hello.

We have a business need to build and redeploy 1,000 application files but without doing a full build and without a full deploy of the application.

Is there a way to create a Change Set for a file without actually changing the file?

Comments
Michael Taylor commented Mar 11 '19, 9:02 a.m.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Michael Taylor commented Mar 11 '19, 11:11 a.m.

Can anyone from IBM speak to this?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 11 '19, 12:46 p.m. | edited Mar 11 '19, 12:47 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. I am pretty sure, if there is no change, there is no change set.
  2. The question is not explaining anything, except what you can not do. You want to read this How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? and explain the business case. Actually you want to explain what you want/need to do and why, and then go a level deeper.
  3. I see no relationship between building and creating change sets. And, as far as I know, there is none. 

One answer

permanent link
SEC Servizi (97123559) | answered Mar 15 '19, 9:23 a.m.
edited Mar 15 '19, 9:28 a.m.
Is there a way to create a Change Set for a file without actually changing the file?
  1. Modify file
  2. Check-in to new change-set
  3. Modify file to undo changes
  4. Check-in to same change-set
  5. You have a change-set with an unmodified file - if you open it in compare editor will say there're no differences.
Cheers.

I see no relationship between building and creating change sets. And, as far as I know, there is none.
Agree, but if you have automatic building processes that start only when there have been changes in source code, you could need some tricks like that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.