It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can one references another artifact or section of a module from another artifact within a DOORS Next Gen module?

DURGAPRASAD BHOGADI (632) | asked Mar 05 '19, 5:13 p.m.

Similar to MS Word document feature "Link To 'Place in this document' ".
In a DOORS Next Gen module, is it possible to link to another artifact or section of that module from an artifact. This reference or link should work like a word document. When you click on the reference/link, it should take you that artifact or section in the module instead opening that artifact. Not sure, you can link/refer a section.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Richard Hall (107211) | answered Mar 05 '19, 5:36 p.m.

You can do this in rev 6.0.6, but not in 6.0.4 or earlier.  I am not sure whether it worked in 6.0.5 since I never used that version.

When creating the link, select 'What to Look in' to Modules and then select the artifact within the Module.

Unfortunately I can;'t add a screenshot to show the dialog - I do not have enough points

DURGAPRASAD BHOGADI selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
DURGAPRASAD BHOGADI (632) | answered Mar 06 '19, 11:59 a.m.

Thank you Richard, this works. However, is there an option to go back to the original artifact where you came from after getting to this 'linked' section.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.