It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS not showing Requirement Artifacts in 'Choose an Artifact' Section for LQE as data source

Anirudha Punekar (429) | asked Feb 27 '19, 1:48 a.m.
Hello All,

I am using RTC version 6.0.5 and have configured LQE as the data source for generating reports in JRS. When I try to generate a report for RM artifacts using this setup, I am able to select the Project Area in 'Limit the Scope' section but in the 'Choose Artifact' Section I cannot see any Requirement Artifact option to choose from. I am only able to see Change and Configuration Management Artifacts.
I did refresh the meta-model for LQE and also checked the data sources are up to date in LQE.

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (503147) | answered Feb 27 '19, 8:47 a.m.
Is RTC the only CLM application you are using?  If so, it does not include any Requirement artifacts - LQE is looking for artifacts with a type definition that meets the OSLC RM spec, and RTC doesn't generate any. 

When you use LQE as the data source in Report Builder, the options reflect the data that is actually in LQE -- the metamodel is based on the data itself, as opposed to the Data Warehouse which has a predefined schema for all data it expects to store.

Since you have no requirements to report on in LQE, the Report Builder UI doesn't show it in the list of artifacts.
Hope that helps.

Comments
Anirudha Punekar commented Feb 27 '19, 11:38 p.m. | edited Feb 27 '19, 11:39 p.m.
Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for the answer.
Actually I have all the 3 applications RDNG, RTC, RQM and all contain Project Areas.
I can have the report generated for traceability of linked artifacts in all the three applications using SPARQL query in JRS.
But for the option of using 'Limit  the Scope' ->'Chose an Artifact' -> 'Trace relationship and add artifacts' -> 'Set Conditions', I am not able to view the artifacts for RDNG as well as RQM in the 'Chose an Artifact' Section.

Thanks.

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (503147) | answered Feb 28 '19, 10:14 a.m.
Hi Anirudha,
I'm not quite clear on the details you added above.
Are you saying you can define and generate the report when you don't Limit Scope?  Or you can get the data with a direct SPARQL query to LQE, but not via Report Builder?  Do the RM/QM artifacts ever appear under Choose Artifacts?

I'm assuming that when you Limit Scope, you are selecting the RM/QM projects along with your RTC project (otherwise you exclude them and their artifacts from the report).

Are your RM/QM project areas enabled for configuration management? CM-enabled project areas will only be visible  using the "LQE scoped by a configuration" data source. I suspect this is not the problem because you can see the project area in the Limit Scope list.

If you can get the data w/ SPARQL, and you're selecting the RM PA and the RM artifacts don't appear (or they disappear, or don't ever appear), you might want to contact Support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.