It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LQE Authentication Programmatically

API-DEV User (2126) | asked Feb 26 '19, 5:44 p.m.

Trying to programmatically (C#) execute a SPARQL Query via the endpoint, but I am unable to get authorized.  

I've authenticated through /rm and received my JAZZ_AUTH_TOKEN and have tried to add that cookie to my request to /lqe, this does not work.  

Through exploration I have found when a user authenticates to LQE through a browser, jazz gives you a cookie called 'lqe.authIdentifier' which when i hard code into my request to LQE works. 

Has anyone has been able to get this cookie programmatically?

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Mar 26 '20, 10:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What version of Jazz/lqe? What authentication method is your server you using? LDAP directly from JTS? LDAP through JAS? 

3 answers

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Oct 23 '23, 4:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 23 '23, 7:06 a.m.

There is no public API for LQE to run SPARQL queries, in fact no public APIs for LQE at all.

You can embed custom SPARQL in a Report Builder report, then PUB can generate the report.

permanent link
Michael Rowe (364) | answered Oct 19 '23, 4:24 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR

For examples on how to authenticate for APIs, I have written to blog posts, one addressing Oauth1.0a and the other OIDC based.  Using these you should be able to pass authentication into your API requests - https://michaelrowe01.com/index.php/day-job/ibm-elm/api-authentication-method-in-elm-oauth-1-0a/ and https://michaelrowe01.com/index.php/day-job/ibm-elm/api-authentication-method-in-elm-oidc/

permanent link
Ricardo Herrera (263) | answered Mar 23 '20, 1:56 p.m.

Same problem here. Any help on this one?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.