It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to display a error or warning message on the workitem with javascript / dojo ?

Olivier ROSET (50121) | asked Feb 19 '19, 9:03 a.m.
edited Feb 20 '19, 10:35 a.m.

Hello,

In RTC, when we forget a mandatory field when creating a workitem, we have a nice red message at the top of the workitem screen.
Is it possible, in a Validator or DefaultValue or CalculatedValue script, to display a message of this type in the same place?
How to access the DOM of the RTC page from javascript?
Through dojo?

The real question is : is it possible, in (by example), a condition Script, to access the DOMof the current page displayed by RTC? I wanted to have access to a html element an be able to modify his innerHtml by document.getElementById("xx").innerHtml or some stuff like that. 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 20 '19, 11:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I know that some have added hover information to the work item web UI using a theme. I have no example and I am convinced that you should stay well within the limits of https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeValueProviders .

It is possible to create custom attribute presentations.

One answer

permanent link
Olivier ROSET (50121) | answered May 06 '20, 1:33 p.m.
One solution : 

I know it's HORRIBLE and please, use it ONLY if you have no other solution :)

In my javascript I use a code like this : 

let balise = document.getElementsByClassName("validationMessageAnchor")[1];
balise.innerHTML = '<span style="display:block;.....etc...

This display a message just after the workitem type and Id on the top of the workitem screen. 
I know,I know.... it's BAD and not durable !!!! 

Sorry. :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.