It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add/modify comment permission related to change state

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Oct 26 '09, 10:13 a.m.
Hi,
I've notice that if in a work-item there is a comment, a user without permission to add/modify comments cannot change the workflow state of that work item. Is it a correct behaviour?

Thanks,
Michele.

4 answers

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Oct 27 '09, 7:30 a.m.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Michele.

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Oct 27 '09, 7:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
I have create work item 97585: Cannot change workflow state without permission to add a comment (https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/97585 to track this...

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Oct 27 '09, 7:07 a.m.
Yes, I have.

I have my work item in a state and no comments. I don't have permission to add comment and in this case I'm able to perform state transition.

Then I return get in with another role with permission to add comment, then I add a comment and return to the previous state. Then i re-log with my first user role and retry to perform state transition. This time I cannot made it because I've an error of permission denied.

The same things happens if I add the comment during the creation of the work-item. With an enabled user role I can change state, with a disabled user role I can't.

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Oct 27 '09, 4:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
The permissions for comments and workflow states should be independent. However there are some workflow state transitions (like transtition to Resolve Duplicate) that add a comment. Also adding an attachment adds a comment.
Do you have a scenario where no comment is added but the permission is required?

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.