It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to create a Web application using java plain api

bhavana srivastav (11) | asked Feb 14 '19, 5:06 a.m.
Hi ,

I am using java plain api to pull out verison numbers , and i am able to do it in a standalone java class.

But once i try to access it via jsp and servlet code, with weblogic server i am getting below error ::

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already stopped
    at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.InternalTeamPlatform.shutdown(InternalTeamPlatform.java:120)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.TeamPlatform.shutdown(TeamPlatform.java:63)

Could you please help ?

Thanks,
Bhavana

Comments
Albert Yao commented Jul 05 '21, 10:26 a.m.
My RTC is 6.0.3, and I encountered the same problem with my RTC plain Java program in a JSP page.
I found these:

Maybe it is the bug/defect of RTC plain Java API.

David Honey commented Jul 05 '21, 10:39 a.m. | edited Jul 05 '21, 10:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Albert, if you have a question to ask, please ask in your own question rather than commenting on a 2 year old question.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 14 '19, 5:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 14 '19, 5:46 a.m.

This is beyond what the forum usually can help with. 

Only hint I can give you is that the usual applications of the plain java client libraries start them, login and do something and then shut down the API. 

TeamPlatform.startup()
TeamPlatform.shutdown();

You would have to run all that in your page. Otherwise you would have to keep the TeamPlatform open. 
How to do that can be found in the workitem commandline (for the RMI Server Mode). https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line 

I am also not sure if the client API is reentrant.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.