It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get connected with RWS again once it's disconnected from the pending changes view

Rakesh Kumar (13110) | asked Feb 13 '19, 7:23 a.m.
edited Feb 13 '19, 7:26 a.m.
Prerequisites: Loaded RWS
Test Scenario:
- Right click on RWS from the Pending changes view and click on unload --> use the option "disconnect the local content from the RWS" and click on OK
Resultant behavior:
- RWS will be disabled from the pending changes view
- Go to Team-Artifacts view --> My Repository Workspaces = RWS will be shown as unload, all the components will also shown as unloaded.
Note: Still local content is not deleted.

So now the expectation is, How to get the RWS connected again with local content OR in other words how to get the RWS loaded again under "My Repository Workspaces" so that I can use the same RWS again. Currently I am not able to use it.
Please guide me
Thank you

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 14 '19, 2:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 14 '19, 2:42 a.m.
  1. If you have a use case to be supported, then ask for the use case to be supported, and not why the way you try to support the use case does not work.  
  2. Disconnect from SCM is to disconnect from SCM and remove all the information SCM would need to reconnect. It is basically not a solution for your use case. 
  3. The Visual Studio client has a feature to switch sandboxes in a way that would support your use case. 
  4. The Eclipse client does not have such a feature unfortunately, that I know about. Please create an enhancement request. I would like such a feature as well.
  5. In the Eclipse and the Visual Studio client, you could share the disconnected information again with the repository workspace or stream
  6. If you had multiple components you would have to manually reshare all the root folder in all the components and know which belongs to which. This is not what you want.
  7. Eclipse allows to use multiple workspaces and have multiple Eclipse open. Each workspace is its own sandbox. That is what I use. The -showLocation flag allows to show the workspace you use in the top border of the window.

Rakesh Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rakesh Kumar commented Feb 14 '19, 3:02 a.m.
Thanks, This really clarifies my question.
Point no 5: small doubt. What does share mean here, can you please give more hint, How to share the disconnected information again with the repository workspace or stream

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 14 '19, 3:46 a.m.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 13 '19, 9:04 a.m.
edited Feb 13 '19, 9:05 a.m.

Your options

1. Use unload and select to delete local content in the future
  2. Use unload and keep the local content or use disconnect in this case
    1. Use Load for the RWS and overwrite the local content
    2. Manually delete the local content and load the RWS again.

Comments
Rakesh Kumar commented Feb 14 '19, 12:01 a.m. | edited Feb 14 '19, 12:14 a.m.
Hallo Ralph, Thanks for the update.
My use case is: Working with so many sandboxes. How to reuse the existing sandbox.
In-Detail: I have 30 sandboxes, each sandbox size is around 12gb or more. I don't want to refresh the sandbox or don't want to get any incoming/outgoing changes in sandboxes in which I am not working for some time else pending changes view will take so much time to stable. 
As per your proposal:I don't want to delete the local content because again downloading will take some time because sandbox size is huge. In-spite of deleting the sandbox I want to disconnect using unload but the problem is If I will disconnect then I cann't use it again(It will show unloaded even if the content is not deleted, If I will try to reload without deleting the data manually it will throw exception "name collision", If I will delete the content manually then try to reload then it will work)
My question is still same: How to reconnect the RWS which was disconnected using the unload option. And after connecting again the RWS should work as usual.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.