It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing datatype of an attribute in RTC project area

Rakesh A (33431) | asked Feb 11 '19, 8:32 a.m.
edited Feb 11 '19, 8:56 a.m.

Hello,
           I have changed the data type of an attribute from Large String to Medium String in project area

Major reason is because I wanted attribute to be appearing in work-item queries - condition (as large string is not supported in WI query conditions.).

Even after changing to Medium String datatype, I can’t find this attribute in work-item queries - condition, because I believe attribute of data type large string is already existing in the database.

Let me know if there is a solution to make it work (searchable) in project areas instead of renaming/changing the ID of that attribute .

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 12 '19, 2:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

After you created an attribute, you can not just change the type as far as I know. What you can do is:

1. Change the display name of the attribute e.g. ThisAttributeWasDeprecated
  2. Create a new attribute NewAttribute
  3. Use some automation e.g. csv import/export or the APIs to copy the value from the old to the new  attribute
  4. Remove the old attribute after all data has been moved. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.