It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How Do I Sync the preconditions/follow up actions showing up on Eclipse Client to show up in RTC Server.

Wibisha Balendran (133) | asked Feb 08 '19, 1:49 p.m.

After the recent upgrade on the server from 6.0.2 to 6.0.6, the preconditions/follow up actions don't show up on the rtc server even if they show up on the eclipse client. Is there any way to sync the two? Thanks. 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 09 '19, 9:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What does "the preconditions/follow up actions don't show up on the rtc server" mean?

Wibisha Balendran commented Feb 11 '19, 12:50 p.m. | edited Feb 11 '19, 12:50 p.m.

I mean that the preconditions/follow up actions shown on the Eclipse IDE, don't show up on the RTC Website/Server associated with the eclipse client. Fyi, this happened after an RTC Server upgrade from 6.02 to 6.06. I was wondering if there's a way to sync the two together. Thanks. 

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 11 '19, 1:09 p.m. | edited Feb 11 '19, 1:13 p.m.
This does absolutely not make sense. Where do they not show up on the server? Have you created custom extensions? If so, you have to recompile them with the new SDK and deploy them on the server. did you?

Otherwise provide UI names or hints about what operation behavior you mean (e.g. built into the product) and what "does not show up un the server" actually means.

Wibisha Balendran commented Feb 11 '19, 1:16 p.m. | edited Feb 11 '19, 1:27 p.m.

Yes, they are custom follow up actions/ preconditions- they are not visible on the preconditions section of RTC. The ones that are visible on the preconditions/follow up actions section are already built on RTC originally. 

Which are the steps in the following workshop document should I follow to recompile with the new SDK and redeploy them on the server?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 11 '19, 1:43 p.m.
edited Feb 11 '19, 1:44 p.m.
The last lab of the extensions workshop talks about the pacakging.You need to run at least Lab 1 and have your code available.

1. When creating custom extensions, it is required to
  2. Keep the code
  3. Required to document them,
  4. Document how to build them and
  5. Document how to deploy them and
  6. Document them in your upgrade documentation.
This should be obvious and the information should survive if people change roles or leave or other changes.
Wibisha Balendran selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.