It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DoorsNG create project template didn't include Artifact Templates

Karen Steele (1.2k1134138) | asked Feb 06 '19, 11:56 a.m.
edited Feb 06 '19, 1:08 p.m.

So I created a project template off my DoorsNG project - I checked off all the options when creating the project template to include views, artifact templates etc.  The artifact templates exist, and I can use them, but I don't actually have the original artifact I used to create the artifact template (wonder if that is a consideration).  Have some shared views with my columns which also includes the "Used in Modules" column.

Project template shows as having all the ingredients, however when I use the template to create a new project, the artifact templates are missing and the views do not contain the "Used in Module" column. 

Has anybody seen this before ? a bug perhaps.

DNG v6.0.4 ifix13 is in play.

Comments
Don Yang commented Feb 08 '19, 1:40 a.m.
did you use process template to create the project area and then import project template and see the missing artifact templates or not?

Karen Steele commented Feb 08 '19, 5:31 a.m.
to back track slightly here ... the original DoorsNG installation did include the default templates you get with the system.  What happened here was after creating a project here with one of those as a starting base, the project are was highly customized for the client.  In doing so, we also created net new artifact templates (boilerplates) to standardize artifact content.  We then created a net new project template from this project area.  

The artifacts that we had used to mock up the standard boilerplates were used to create artifact templates, but what we did when we created a new project template, was we flushed the entire system of artifact data.  Whilst the artifact templates were still usable in this project area when you used this new project template to create future projects, because there was no physical artifact that still contained the boilerplate standard, the artifact templates were not created in the new project.

I did raise a defect for this, but after further experimenting able to confirm the findings above.

One answer

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k1134138) | answered Feb 08 '19, 5:31 a.m.

Not a bug working as designed, the artifact templates must have a corresponding artifact with that boilerplate standard in order to be re-created in a new project.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.