It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add created work item into existing plan using java plain api in RTC

CLM _User (2115) | asked Jan 29 '19, 8:32 a.m.
edited Jan 29 '19, 8:33 a.m.

Hi All,

I am creating plan using java plain api, but I want to add some created work items  into it using plain java API,
is it possible?

please give me suggestions on the same.

Thank You! 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 29 '19, 8:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 29 '19, 8:38 a.m.

Hi,

1. The RTC Agile Planning API to create plans is not supported as far as I know. It requires to use internal API.
2. Work Items do not exist in a plan. Work Items are shown by the plan. To show up in a plan they need to be in the scope of the plan, which means at least the filed against and planned for of the work item must match the owner and iteration selected in the plan.

Comments
CLM _User commented Jan 29 '19, 9:12 a.m.

yes Ralph I have created plan using api , ref link-https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/06/11/creating-plans-with-the-plain-java-client-api/

but suppose I need to add work item using Api is it possible using extending your code?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 29 '19, 9:33 a.m. | edited Jan 29 '19, 9:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am getting more and more frustrated lately, having the impression answers are not read and thought about. Why should I waste time with answering when the person asking does not waste time or energy in reading the answer?

Again, the same answer as above: 
1. https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/06/11/creating-plans-with-the-plain-java-client-api/ explains, there is a huge warning icon, the API is using internal API.
2. Before you even touch any code, learn the fundamentals of RTC e.g. understand what a plan is - it is a work item query. Based on that knowledge understand how to manually create a work item that shows up in a plan. Then use the Work Item API to create work items with the required category (Filed Against) and iteration (Planned For). 

The key is here that there are different APIs for different things. 

CLM _User commented Jan 29 '19, 9:44 a.m. | edited Jan 29 '19, 9:53 a.m.

thank you ralph for clarification again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.