It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

6.0.6 Quick Planner - Why is there a Bouncing Blue Ball When I Scroll in a Lane?

Becky McDermott (921139) | asked Jan 23 '19, 12:09 p.m.
I just recently upgraded by Jazz applications to 6.0.6 and am experimenting with the Quick Planner.

I have a lane representing "Backlog" that has quite a few items.  When I scroll to the bottom of the lane, I see a bouncing blue ball and the lane never refreshes to display more items.  So, I am never able to see the entire backlog in the lane unless I do more restrictive filtering.

Is there a way around this?

One answer

permanent link
Sharoon Shetty Kuriyala (55133) | answered Jan 25 '19, 3:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

By design, quick planner fetches only the first 50 items and each time you scroll down it gets the next 50 items to build the items in the lane. If you are seeing the blue ball and the lane never refreshes to display more items then something is wrong. How many items do you have in the "Backlog"? Does this happen every time you scroll i.e. you can see only the first 50 and then just the bouncing ball or does it happen after sometime? What browser are you using? Is it the same behavior in all browsers?

Comments
Becky McDermott commented Jan 25 '19, 3:29 p.m.

At the top of my "Backlog" lane, it shows there should be 96 items.  If I run a query (and set Filed Against and Planned For to match how I am filtering in the quick planner), I also see 96 items.

But, if I scroll to the bottom of the "Backlog" lane, I see the blue bouncing ball and no new artifacts are ever loaded (I've let it sit there for 10 minutes).  I have to refresh the web browser to make the blue bounding ball go away and for the Backlog lane to be functional again.

Looks like I need to submit a case with tech support?

Sharoon Shetty Kuriyala commented Jan 25 '19, 6:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes this needs more investigation.

What version of RTC are you on?

Sharoon Shetty Kuriyala commented Jan 25 '19, 10:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Never mind I see you already stated that you are on 6.0.6.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.