It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which version of CLM RM database got separated from JTS?

shweta ranaware (371751) | asked Jan 17 '19, 1:43 a.m.
retagged Jan 25 '19, 10:31 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi All,

Greeting for the day,
 I want to know from which version of CLM exactly the RM database got separated.  Whether its CLM 5.0.0 or V4.0.7.
 and If we want to Upgrade from CLM V4.0.7 to CLM V5.0.2 directly, then Is it possible to separate the RM Database in V5.0.2 only, rather than upgrade from V4.0.7 to V5.0. 
If yes then, What are steps to be followed to upgrade the CLM from V4.0.7 to V5.0.2

Comments
Iyyappan Chandran commented Feb 11 '19, 4:04 a.m. | edited Feb 11 '19, 11:09 p.m.

Kindly let me know RM and JTS both are in single database? your question is to separate the RM tables from JTS? 

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 11 '19, 11:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't remember which version it was, but you shouldn't have to care.  You don't have an option of when to separate out the DNG database from the JTS database ... it will happen automatically as part of the upgrade.  So as Ralph says, just following the steps given to you by the interactive upgrade guide.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 12 '19, 4:20 a.m.

The split happened when going from 4.x to 5.0 or later. 

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 17 '19, 2:29 a.m.

Please go to the product documentation and perform the interacticve upgreade guide to understand the upgrade process.

The documentation can be found here: 

An upgrade from any version of 4.0.x should be directly possible to any version of 5.0.x, however, the interactive upgrade guide will tell you. It will also tell you the databases to create.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.