It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why am I getting deleted text returned in my JRS Report?

Timothy Distel (73148) | asked Jan 16 '19, 11:04 a.m.

Hello,

I am using CLM Suite 6.0.6.

I'm running a JRS report from RDNG to return requirement primary text, among other information. The primary text has changed over time i.e. "System must provide the capability to fly per Fly Standard 2032" to "System must provide the capability to fly". In this particular example where text was removed from the primary text attribute of the requirement, the JRS report returns multiple rows - one with the text as it should be, and one with the text before the change was made to remove half of it. Is this a defect?

I am using LQE as the data source, and the change to remove the text happened almost a year ago.

Comments
Amit Talwar commented Aug 09 '21, 12:35 p.m.

Does this RDNG project area have configuration management enabled?  If yes, are you scoping your data source as "LQE" or "LQE scoped by a configuration"?  If you choose just "LQE" it will show results of all versions of that artifact(so across baselines and streams where that version artifact exists).  You will want to choose "LQE scoped by a configuration" and chosse the configuration you want to report on to see the "correct versioned artifact" based on the selected configuration.

2 answers

permanent link
David Sedar (2817) | answered Aug 09 '21, 11:30 a.m.

I would guess this is another symptom of a known LQE fault, still present in v6.0.6.1 iFix 017.

New artefacts (good to see UK English spelling is acceptable here) are included in TRS feed to LQE, but old ones are not deleted, hence both appear in JRS reports.

Solution is to Validate your 'DNG Resources (TRS 2.0) feed.
If this doesn't fix it then try Rebase followed by Re-index.

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243150) | answered Jan 17 '19, 9:34 a.m.
Hi Timothy,

There are 2 text attributes associated with artifacts in DNG.

Primary Text and Name.

JRS reports Name in some instances and Primary Text in other instances. Check which attribute your JRS report is reporting.

By default Name is equal to the first line from Primary Text. If you update Primary Text then Name will update to reftlect the first line of Primary Text.

If you manually edit Name however then it becomes unsychronised from Primary Text and will only re-synchronise when you set Name to blank.

You can batch re-sychronise by using CSV import to set all Names to blank or by using a Javascript widget to do the same.

Comments
Timothy Distel commented Jan 17 '19, 10:44 a.m.

All of the artifacts in our instance of DNG have titles not synchronized with primary text. With that being said, the report I built is reporting both Name and Primary Text. In the report itself there is no discrepancy with the name of the artifact, but it displays two rows for the single artifact because it reports two seperate values for primary text, one for what the primary text used to be, and another for what the primary text is now. Do you have any insight into how this can happen?

Timothy Distel commented Jan 17 '19, 10:46 a.m.

All of the artifacts in our instance of DNG have titles not synchronized with primary text. With that being said, the report I built is reporting both Name and Primary Text. In the report itself there is no discrepancy with the name of the artifact, but it displays two rows for the single artifact because it reports two seperate values for primary text, one for what the primary text used to be, and another for what the primary text is now. Do you have any insight into how this can happen?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.