It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Require Link before continuing the workflow

Dennis Gugel (2125) | asked Jan 16 '19, 4:14 a.m.
Hi there,

The question is quite simple: Is there a possibility to require a link to a workitem befor progressing to the next workflow state?

Unfortunately, i couldn't find any precondition for that.

Detailed explanation: I have a workitem of type "task" and the "default workflow" associated with it. My requirement would be, that if i progress the workflow of this task from "new" to "in progress", RTC requires a link to another workitem.

For the advanced helpers in this forum :-) :
 Highly appreciated would be, if i can require special link types ("blocked/blocked by", ...) or workitem types ("Defect", ...).

Kind regards
Dennis

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 16 '19, 5:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 16 '19, 5:21 a.m.

You will have to create your own custom advisor to do that. A good starting point would be 

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/09/20/the-rtc-workitem-server-link-api-linking-to-work-items-and-other-elements/ for the link API. 

The API to get the links of a type from the new work item state (after the save) is

List<IReference> references = saveParameter.getNewD_WORK_ITEMS);

where the work item end point is replaced by the desired one. savePArameter is ISaveParameter see the advisor example.

All posts link to getting started and setting up the dev environmReferences()
.getReferences(WorkItemEndPoints.CHILent.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.