It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Retaining existing planviews settings when new template is created

Rakesh A (33430) | asked Jan 11 '19, 2:51 a.m.
retagged Jan 25 '19, 10:12 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
In RTC Change Management, I have a Project area where there is a defined setting / configurations for Planviews - Basically an arrangement of attributes that are to be displayed. But when a child template / project area created using the existing project area, all the setting of planview are lost.

How can I retain the settings from parent project area (or template) even when the child project area is create from it ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 11 '19, 7:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 11 '19, 7:09 a.m.

I have no experience with this and the question is pretty cryptic and lacks a lot of information. Consider reading How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? if you want to improve and have others being interested in looking into your questions. 

I would suggest to look at  https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.apt.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_associate_planmode_with_plantype.html and the promotion feature to make the plan view available by default. I don#t know if that produces the desired output, but that is the only option I can think of.

Comments
Rakesh A commented Jan 11 '19, 7:28 a.m.
Re-iterating my Question:
Let's consider a parent Project area : In RTC Change Management, when we view a plan.. RTC provides an option to re-arrange/add/remove the plan attributes to be displayed orderly in the plan ( An custom defined order/ arrangement of plan attributes like summary, due date, Project area, etc)..

But when a child template / project area is created using parent project area, all the settings / order of plan attributes are lost in created child project area ..This is leading us to make the same settings as in parent project area manually again in child project area.

So, is there a way on how can I retain the order of attributes similar to parent project area (or template) in child project area created from it ?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 11 '19, 7:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I reiterate, read  How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? because you surely haven't.

There is no concept called child template. 

If you talk about process sharing the planning information is shared and a custom plan view should become visible there once promoted - as suggested in the link I provided . If not, contact support. Good luck. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.