It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirement link syntax when importing to RQM via XML

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Jan 09 '19, 2:33 p.m.

I am trying to import test cases to RQM via the built-in test case importer that is available in the RQM UI at Construction > Import Test Cases.

In the documentation, it talks about the XML schema for importing test case requirements links:
Type:
anonymous, empty content
A link to a rationale behind the test case. Normally, this will be a motivator of some kind.
XML Source (w/o annotations (3); see within schema source)
<xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="requirement">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:attribute name="href" type="xs:anyURI" use="required"/>
<xs:attribute ref="vega:id"/>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

It isn't clear to me what the exact syntax should be to effectively link the new test case to one or more requirements in DNG. Can anyone shed some light on this?

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jan 10 '19, 6:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Bob,

This feature uses the RQM Reportable REST API format (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi).  However, 

As of Rational Quality Manager 4.0, the requirement Rational Quality Manager Reportable REST API is deprecated.   As of Rational Quality Manager 5.0, the requirement Rational Quality Manager Reportable REST API is not supported.   As an alternative, RQM's implementation of the RQM OSLC QM V2 API can be used to associate remote requirements with test resources.

I have opened the following defects to clarify this limitation:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.