It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Federated repositories and LDAP

Gabriel Mont-Reynaud (11) | asked Oct 22 '09, 5:40 p.m.
I am IBM internal and I'm trying to have non-LDAP users and LDAP(bluepages) users access my RTC instance. My setup includes RTC 2.0 with WAS 7.0.0.3. Just for background, I have been able to successfully setup the Standalone LDAP feature configured for bluepages and can log into the WAS console and RTC with my IBM credents. However when I switch the User Account Repository feature from Standalone LDAP registry to Federated repositories, and add the bluepages LDAP parameters to the repository (Add Base Entry), I can only authenticate with local users. In summary, I simply would like to be able to have non-ldap local test users access my RTC environment as well as have LDAP users derived from bluepages be able to access simultaneously. Any help or suggestions in detail would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, -Gabriel

6 answers

permanent link
Aaron Cohen (8207851) | answered Oct 23 '09, 11:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am IBM internal and I'm trying to have non-LDAP users and LDAP(bluepages) users access my RTC instance. My setup includes RTC 2.0 with WAS 7.0.0.3. Just for background, I have been able to successfully setup the Standalone LDAP feature configured for bluepages and can log into the WAS console and RTC with my IBM credents. However when I switch the User Account Repository feature from Standalone LDAP registry to Federated repositories, and add the bluepages LDAP parameters to the repository (Add Base Entry), I can only authenticate with local users. In summary, I simply would like to be able to have non-ldap local test users access my RTC environment as well as have LDAP users derived from bluepages be able to access simultaneously. Any help or suggestions in detail would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, -Gabriel

Hello Gimontre,

I think I have successfully done this in the past but I used a local LDAP server instead of using non-LDAP users.

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Oct 23 '09, 1:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hey Gabriel, is that the link you were following ?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ae/ae/twim_ldap_filebased.html

Can you confirm you did the #2 in the What Next paragraph at the bottom ? It sounds like WAS only recognizes the file base... and we need to set the realm as the curent no ?

Chris

permanent link
Gabriel Mont-Reynaud (11) | answered Oct 23 '09, 2:22 p.m.
Can you confirm you did the #2 in the What Next paragraph at the bottom ? It sounds like WAS only recognizes the file base... and we need to set the realm as the curent no ?

Chris

Yes I can confirm that each time I changed the User account repository to Federated repositories I set it to the current real definition, saved the setting and verified.

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Oct 29 '09, 7:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry Gabriel,
Can you logon the WAS admin using LDAP creds and file system Creds ?
If yes -> this is a RTC issue, I will look at it
if no -> this is a WAS config, let me know and we will find WAS support people

permanent link
Gabriel Mont-Reynaud (11) | answered Oct 29 '09, 11:20 a.m.
Sorry Gabriel,
Can you logon the WAS admin using LDAP creds and file system Creds ?
If yes -> this is a RTC issue, I will look at it
if no -> this is a WAS config, let me know and we will find WAS support people

I am NOT able to do this in WAS simultaneously. I can if I select file based or LDAP standalone realm separately. But have not been able to gain access with both using the Federated realm. Thanks -Gabriel

permanent link
Cristian Neicu (1111) | answered Jun 18 '10, 12:34 p.m.
Any new info here ? I am the same situation - ie I want to use LDAP(bluepages) and a separate non-LDAP repository.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.