It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Login failed: loading constraint violation error when connecting to Jazz project from Eclipse 6.0.5 plugin

Peter Moraza (481924) | asked Jan 04 '19, 3:17 p.m.

I installed the RTC Eclipse plugin "RTC-Client-p2Repo-6.0.5.zip" in IBM Integration Toolkit 10.0.0.3. After entering the Jazz url and login credentials in a Jazz Administration perspective to log into our Jazz 6.0.5 repository, the connection attempt fails immediately with the following error:

Login failed: loading constraint violation when resolving method "org/apache/http/client/protocol/HttpClientContext.setCookieStore(Lorg/apache/http/client/CookieStore;)V" : loader "org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader@b120c135" of class "com/ibm/team/repository/transport/client/RemoteTeamServer" and loader "org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader@dee12c56" of class "org/apache/http/client/protocol/HttpClientContext" have different types for the method signature

Any ideas how I can overcome this error? TIA

Comments
Daniel Carlon commented Jan 15 '19, 1:53 p.m. | edited Jan 15 '19, 2:34 p.m.

I have the same issue using RTC Client (6.0.5) and Rational Software Architect v9.7, did you manage to solve the issue?

David Lafreniere commented Jan 15 '19, 2:35 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't know the answer... but it appears there are other questions on this forum related to this:

Peter Moraza commented Jan 16 '19, 2:44 a.m.

I am still having the same issue. I will keep working on it. 

Kevin Ramer commented Jan 16 '19, 3:49 p.m.
Hopefully it's obvious that the run-time is finding 2 definitions for DefaultClassLoader.  The question is Why?.    One suggestion might be to add
-verbose:class
to the eclipse.ini and capture the output to a file [ requires starting up in a shell, of course ]

Dennis Behm commented Mar 22 '19, 9:45 a.m. | edited Mar 22 '19, 9:46 a.m.

After upgrading my environment, I have the same issue with RTC 6.0.6 shell-shared with IDZ 14.1.6. Is there a solution available?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 22 '19, 9:52 a.m. | edited Mar 22 '19, 9:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Dennis, ask your own question and maybe check with support. Check the Eclipse versions that are supported. Just a thought.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Accepted answer

permanent link
Peter Moraza (481924) | answered Apr 12 '20, 9:59 p.m.

Hi Everyone,

I'll share how I was able to finally overcome the exception, although I can only speculate as to the cause. I backed-up my work then deleted my installation of IBM Integration Toolkit 10.0.0.3 which I may have installed using a non-admin id. I then installed version 10.0.0.8 by right-clicking the .exe file and selecting "Run as administrator" and specifying an admin/elevated account. After installation completed I installed the "RTC-Client-p2Repo-6.0.5.zip" plugin. I was able log onto RTC from the Jazz Administration perspective with no issues. I'm guessing that installing the Toolkit with the elevated id made the difference. I hope this helps.

Peter

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V (4415) | answered Mar 29 '19, 12:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Could you try starting eclipse from the command line with -clean option? For instance
$> eclipse -clean

Comments
Dennis Behm commented Apr 11 '19, 3:25 a.m. | edited Apr 11 '19, 3:25 a.m.

I have tried the -clean option, but the same behaviour. I upgraded from 6.0.2 to 6.0.6. 

permanent link
Sandra Monares (112) | answered Mar 27 '19, 9:41 p.m.

Does anybody found how to solve the issue? Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.