It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

export/import from Jira to RTC with Tracebility Links

Manoj Panda (39336662) | asked Dec 21 '18, 10:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,
 currently I am able to do the  export from Jira (like Story and task) and import in to RTC in one step. But i am missing the tractability link between story and task.
for exa: If there is a  story1 which is linked with task2, while exporting from jira the link is maintained in csv file. But I don't know , how to do the mapping While importing. I tried in different way but unable to do so. Any idea??

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 21 '18, 11:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Manoj,

the CSV import allows to link work items if they already exist. In the link column have the ID of the link target prefixed with #. See the docuntation. You would have to do two imports, one to create the items and a second one to recreate the links.

The work item commandline can do a two pass import where the links are created in the second pass as well.

Comments
Manoj Panda commented Dec 26 '18, 1:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ralph,
 You are right. But in this case, its bit manual job. is there any possibility to do this in one steps without any manual efforts.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 26 '18, 4:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no free lunch, basically. So this is not achievable without any manual efforts.

However, I have builtsomething into WCL that runs a two pass import and is able to recreate links based on an old item ID. Here how that works: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/11/03/a-rtc-workitem-command-line-version-3-0/

Note: have a test system that you can use for export and import, ideally have an SDK environment available if stuff goes wrong.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.